We've Expanded Our X-Series Line-up with Two New AV Receivers
May 20, 2019
The Denon AVR-X2600H (150W per channel) and
AVR-X1600H (145W per channel) deliver lifelike, visceral 7.2 surround sound
experience far beyond the capability of TV audio or even traditional sound
bars, providing home entertainment enthusiasts with the latest technologies to
upgrade their home cinema and streaming entertainment experience.
"Denon is committed to bringing the latest technologies and best audio quality to home theatre enthusiasts while offering flexibility so they can grow with their home entertainment systems. To that effect, we've added the latest Dolby and DTS 3D audio technologies and eARC so customers can up-mix traditional stereo and surround soundtracks to a 3D listening experience or virtualize Dolby Atmos or DTS:X mixes for amazing immersive audio without dedicated height channels," said Michael Greco, senior director of global brand management at Sound United. "Listeners can also expect a full suite of technical capabilities, including the latest 4K video technologies, voice control, Apple AirPlay 2, and HEOS wireless multi-room music streaming."
Our new performance-tuned X-Series AV receivers provide a truly immersive 3D audio experience, supporting the latest surround sound formats including Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, which adds virtualized height and surround effects on traditional stereo or surround content as well as Dolby Atmos content while using fewer speakers. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization is used to create the sensation of sound that extends above and beyond the listener, using only loudspeakers originating at listener-level. This technology is ideal for systems without discrete height or surround speakers throughout the room such as 2.1 or 5.1, simplifying installation while delivering the excitement of 360-degree audio. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology will be delivered via a future firmware update.
New HDMI Features for Uncompromised Connectivity
Denon X-Series AVRs feature a new eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), which delivers uncompressed and object-based audio from the TV to the receiver via a single HDMI cable and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) for lag-free gaming. With eARC pass-through, 4K Ultra HD HDMI and full HDCP 2.3 support on all ports, X-Series AVRs provide seamless connections with the latest 4K and future 8K TVs as well as streaming devices, gaming consoles and other source players. Audio content from the TV can be distributed to the second zone as well as the main zone via HDMI using a new TV audio distribution feature. Video content quality through a TV or projector is uncompromised thanks to the latest 4K video technologies such as Dolby Vision™, HDR10, and HLG. Denon X-Series AVRs are also HDCP 2.3 compliant, ensuring compatibility with the latest copy protected content.
Apple AirPlay 2 and Hi-Res Playback
Denon X-Series AVRs are Apple® AirPlay 2 compatible allowing for streaming of Apple Music. Each receiver features network audio streaming and a front-panel USB port that offers convenient audio playback of MP3 and high-resolution audio formats (WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz files). Wireless connectivity to popular streaming music services like Spotify®, Deezer, Tidal, and more is easy via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 and Wi-Fi with HEOS built in.
Effortless Voice Control
Denon X-Series AVRs also work with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri for effortless voice control. Listeners can use Amazon Alexa for a variety of commands, including switching inputs for different media players, while the Google Assistant and Apple's Siri can be used to adjust the volume, skip to the next track, and more .
HEOS Built-In Multiroom Music Listening
With HEOS Built-in, the X-Series AVRs can stream music wirelessly across compatible HEOS components from a variety of free and premium streaming services, including Spotify, Deezer, Amazon Music, TuneIn, SoundCloud, Tidal and more. Consumers can also enjoy their favourite music in any room of the home wirelessly. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room via a variety of streaming sources. With the new AVR-X Series, you can also have a full multichannel experience in the main room, and hear the same content in a second zone or on a connected HEOS component in another room.
Denon Setup Assistant Does the Work
By visually guiding users through each step in the setup process, Denon's award-winning Setup Assistant makes it easy to get X-Series AVRs out of the box and making beautiful music quickly. Because every home theater is unique, Denon uses premium room calibration technology from Audyssey that automatically takes precise measurements and optimizes the receiver's performance, providing the finest 3D audio experience tailored to the acoustic properties of the space.
Designed for Custom Integrators
Custom A/V integration professionals will appreciate
the X-Series receivers' smart features, including support for Audio Select
functionality or AirPlay OFF so it will not appear on every iOS device
throughout the home. To best tailor system functionality for each client,
integrators can now assign the same HDMI input source over multiple inputs and
choose different audio sources.
Key Features on all 2019 X-Series AVRs
Video and HDMI
· New eARC: Enhanced audio return channel now supports latest lossless and 3D audio formats for audio transmission directly from the TV to the AV receiver through the connected HDMI cable.
· New HDCP 2.3: Supports latest copy protection standard on all HDMI ports.
· New Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Low latency gaming supported on Xbox One and requires supported TV.
· Incredible Color: 4:4:4 color resolution, BT.2020, HDR10, Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) Supports.
· True 4K: 4K Ultra HD/60Hz pass through and 4K/30Hz video upscaling on AVR-X2600H.
Audio and Surround Sound
· New Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology: Up mix Dolby content to add virtualized height effects only from floor level speakers such as traditional 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setting
· Immersive 3D Audio: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X up mixing of DTS encoded content.
· Lossless Surround Sound: Support for Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio.
· Premium DAC: AK4458 32bit AKM DAC allowing for high-resolution audio decoding.
· Hi-Res Audio: Ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks.
· Universal Playback: Network audio streaming and front panel USB input enables playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files.
· Bluetooth Headphone transmission support, for listening to any source via a pair of Bluetooth Headphones
Music Streaming and Smart Home
· HEOS Built-in: Wi-Fi music streaming and multi-room audio technology with compatible components. HEOS supports free and premium Spotify, Deezer, Amazon Music, TuneIn, SoundCloud, Tidal and more.
· AirPlay 2 Built-In: Use AirPlay 2 to stream Apple music wirelessly to the AV receiver, or group with other AirPlay compatible speakers to fill the home with music.
· Effortless Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri for hands-free control of your wireless music and AVR.
· Bluetooth Enabled: Stream music wirelessly and distribute to Zone 2 or HEOS enabled speakers through the free HEOS app.
Setup and Ease of Use
· Room Calibration and Optimized Room Acoustics: Audyssey suite of EQ calibration technology for simple, accurate set-up and dynamic volume control.
· Quick Selects: The front panel and remote control feature four Quick Select buttons that store preferred audio settings for each source, newly including party mode filling the whole house with music.
· Remote apps (iOS/Android): Denon AVR remote for basic AVR's control and setup. Audyssey MultEQ editor app available for purchase for further customization of room EQ curve.